Our hip doctors at Middle Georgia Orthopaedics are recognized experts in the diagnosis and treatment of hip injuries and conditions.
Hip pain can be the result of a condition that has developed over time, such as bursitis and arthritis, or of a recent hip injury, such as a hip fracture or hip dislocation.
In some cases, and if not detected early, conditions such as hip bursitis and hip arthritis may create extreme bone and joint discomfort, making surgery a credible option for relieving your hip pain.
The most frequent causes for pain in the hip can be related to an orthopaedic condition that has emerged over time.
Signs and symptoms of hip pain include:
- Joint pain felt in the front of the hip, along the outside of the hip, in the groin, or over the buttock area
- Discomfort and swelling in the thigh and knee
- Joint inflammation or hip muscle spasms, which may cause fluid accumulation in the hip joint
- Limping or the inability to walk comfortably on the affected side
- Inability to bend or rotate the hip
- Soreness and the feeling of the hip throbbing while sleeping or resting
- Fever, redness, and warmth—which are signs of infection
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms above, you may have a hip condition, such as hip osteoarthritis, hip bursitis, or hip arthritis, or an injury, such as a fractured hip, dislocated hip, hip flexor injury, or labral tear.
At Middle Georgia Orthopaedics, we understand that pain in the hip can make everyday tasks difficult.
To consult with a hip doctor at Middle Georgia Orthopaedics, please request an appointment online or call (478) 953-4563.
Why choose Middle Georgia Orthopaedics?
Our hip surgeons and doctors at Middle Georgia Orthopaedics have completed additional training specifically in the hip. With this advanced training, Dr. K. Scott Malone, Dr. William Wiley, Dr. Jeffrey Easom, Dr. Derrick Phillips, Dr. David Wiley, and Dr. Jonathan Harris have the experience and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your hip injury or condition individually to your needs.
To consult with a hip surgeon or doctor at Middle Georgia Orthopaedics, please request an appointment online or call (478) 953-4563. Middle Georgia Orthopaedics offers specialized orthopaedic care through our main office in Warner Robins and our satellite office in Perry.