K. Scott Malone, M.D.
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Malone, please click below.
Ankle, Back, Elbow, Foot, Hand, Hip, Knee, Neck, Shoulder, Spine, Sports Injuries, Trauma, Wrist, Workers' Compensation Injuries
Dr. K. Scott Malone is a Warner Robins native and board-certified physiatrist, also known as a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor, who specializes in the nonsurgical treatment of sports-related acute and chronic injuries and conditions.
Before joining Middle Georgia Orthopaedics, Dr. Malone served as a team physician for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Green Bay Packers, Berlin Thunder (NBA Developmental League), World Wrestling Federation, Macon Whoopee, and Birmingham Bulls along with Grambling State University, Troy State University, and Auburn University. He also developed the sports medicine program for all Houston County High Schools and is passionate about mentoring young athletes.
Dr. Malone was named one of the “Top Physicians in America” by the Consumers Research Council in 2003. He was also the National Medical Association’s “Practitioner of the Year” in 2004 and received the Golden Eagle Award in June of 2016.
Outside of his physiatry practice, Dr. Malone enjoys fishing, collecting classic cars, and is a lifetime member of the National Eagle Scout Association. An active member of the community, he is also on the board of directors for the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame Foundation and the Middle Georgia Community Action Agency.
- “Dr. Malone was very professional.”– Carl H.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Knoxville, TN
- Doctor of Medicine: East Tennessee State University Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, TN
- Internal Medicine Internship: East Tennessee State University Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, TN
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: American Sports Medicine Institute, Birmingham, AL
- Board Certification: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Medical Entrepreneurs, Founding Member
- American Academy of Disability Evaluating Physicians, Fellow
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Sports Medicine Institute Fellowship Society
- Georgia Athletic and Entertainment Commission
- Georgia State Board of Athletic Trainers
- Fort Valley State University
- Houston County High Schools
- Houston Healthcare Complex