Our hand doctors at Middle Georgia Orthopaedics are recognized experts in the diagnosis and treatment of hand injuries and conditions.
Hand pain can be the result of a condition that has developed over time, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis, or of a recent finger injury from an accidental fall, such as a fracture or jam.
In some cases, and if not detected early, conditions such as carpal tunnel, pressure caused by repetitive motions on the median nerve, may create severe pain in the fingers, thumb, hand, and forearm.
The most frequent causes of pain in the hand can be related to a condition that has transpired over time.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of hand pain, it may be time to seek medical treatment from a hand doctor.
- Increased hand and arm pain
- Finger joint pain when carrying, gripping, grasping, or twisting objects
- Swelling and discomfort in the hand or around the affected joint
- Changes in the surrounding joints—if you are experiencing thumb joint pain, your neighboring finger joints may become more mobile than normal
- Your hand, palm, and fingers may feel warm or appear red in color
- Hand numbness, tingling, or throbbing while resting or sleeping
- A sensation of grating or grinding in the affected joint—this is caused by damaged cartilage
- Developing cysts on the end joints of your fingers—this is caused by conditions such as arthritis
At Middle Georgia Orthopaedics, we understand that pain in the hand can make simple, everyday activities challenging.
To consult with a hand doctor at Middle Georgia Orthopaedics, please request an appointment online or call (478) 953-4563.
Why choose Middle Georgia Orthopaedics?
Our hand surgeons and doctors at Middle Georgia Orthopaedics completed additional training specifically in the hand and wrist. With this advanced training, our hand and wrist surgeons and doctors, Dr. K. Scott Malone, Dr. William Wiley, Dr. Jeffrey Easom, Dr. Derrick Phillips, and Dr. David Wiley have the experience and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your hand injury or condition individually to your needs.
To consult with a hand surgeon or doctor at Middle Georgia Orthopaedics, please request an appointment online or call (478) 953-4563. Middle Georgia Orthopaedics offers specialized orthopaedic care through our main office in Warner Robins and our satellite office in Perry.