David H. Wiley, M.D.
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Wiley, please click below.
Shoulder, Sports Injuries, Joint Replacement & Revision, Knee, Elbow, Hip, Wrist, Ankle, Foot, Trauma
David H. Wiley, M.D., is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in arthroscopic surgery as well as joint replacement of the shoulder, knee, and hip.
Additionally, he has extensive experience as a sports medicine team member, having worked with the Colorado Rockies during their spring training, The Greenville Drive Baseball Team (Single A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox), The University of Akron Football, and Coker College (NCAA Division III). Dr. Wiley was also published in the journal Techniques in Shoulder & Elbow Surgery.
Dr. Wiley attended medical school at Northeast Ohio Medical University and then went on to complete his orthopaedic surgery residency at Summa Health System. After residency, Dr. Wiley underwent additional training in the form of an orthopaedic sports and shoulder reconstruction fellowship at Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas.
When he is not treating patients, he enjoys spending time with his family; sports such as golf, soccer, and basketball; and outdoor activities such as kayaking, rafting, and mountain biking.
- “Dr. Wiley was very friendly and understanding about how you feel. He answers your questions.”– Martha B.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry and Biology: Asbury University, Wilmore, KY
- Master of Science in Biology: The University of Akron, Akron, OH
- Doctor of Medicine: Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, OH
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Summa Health System, Akron, OH
- Orthopaedic Sports and Shoulder Reconstruction Fellowship: Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas, Spartanburg, SC
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- Georgia Orthopaedic Society
- The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Houston County High Schools
- Fort Valley State University
- Coker College
- Hartsville High School
- Colorado Rockies Spring Training
- The Greenville Drive Baseball
- Carolina High School Football
- The University of Akron Football
- Houston Medical Center
- Perry Hospital
- Coliseum Medical Center
- Medical Center of Peach County
- Coliseum Northside Hospital