Derrick D. Phillips, M.D.
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Phillips, please click below.
Joint Replacement, Ankle, Foot, Hip, Knee, Shoulder, Sports Injuries, Trauma
Derrick D. Phillips, M.D., is a native of Georgia and a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who offers surgical and nonsurgical care, specializing in joint replacement, arthroscopy, fracture care, and pain injections.
While undergoing residency training at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Dr. Phillips was given the distinction of “Resident of the Year.” He has given numerous presentations at professional meetings, was published in Journal of Hand Surgery, and is a member of Who’s Who in Health and Medical Services. Currently, Dr. Phillips is on staff at North Coliseum Hospital, Houston Medical Center, and Perry Hospital.
Dr. Phillips enjoys bicycling, exercising, going to concerts and health spas, running, and amateur sports. He is also a participant in Spartan Spirit obstacle course events.
- “He was a life saver for me . Went two days befeore I could get surgeon to tske care of me. Thank you Dr. Phillip. I will forever be grateful to you .”– Sharon M.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- Doctor of Medicine: Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
- Rotating Surgical Internship: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Medical Association of Georgia
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- National Medical Association
- Fort Valley State University
- Houston County High Schools
- Houston Medical Center
- Coliseum Medical Center
- Coliseum Northside Hospital