Daxes M. Banit, M.D., is a board-certified and fellowship-trained spine surgeon who specializes in the treatment of injuries and conditions of the back, neck, and spine.
Dr. Banit attended Emory University for his undergraduate training and received his medical degree from Duke University School of Medicine. He underwent his surgical internship and research fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and had residency training in orthopaedic surgery at University of Kentucky Medical Center. Dr. Banit then chose to undergo a spine fellowship in Charlotte, North Carolina, to receive additional specialty training.
Dr. Banit has been published in Spine, an international, peer-reviewed journal. Click here to see other articles and publications by Dr. Banit.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Doctor of Medicine: Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC
- General Surgery Internship: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Orthopaedics Preliminary Internship: University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY
- Research Fellowship: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Spine Fellowship: Charlotte Orthopaedic Specialist, Charlotte, NC
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Anderson County Medical Society
- North American Spine Society
- South Carolina Medical Association
- Spine Intervention Society